[Gambas-user] Gambas fundation ?

Henri Girard girardhenri at ...67...
Wed Aug 6 12:58:11 CEST 2003

Yes it's of public interest... This kind of law can hidde any maffia
ideologie...
Gambas is not a maffia interest ... so it's able to do it...
this kind of association is very easy to mount...
That's why it can be dangerous...
Very often we hear of scandal... the last was with cancer !!!! a fundation
of no-profit !!!!
kind regards
Henri

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charlie" <karl.reinl at ...9...>
To: <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Gambas fundation ?

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>Le Lundi 4 Août 2003 23:31, Nelson Ferraz a écrit :
>

>>>I want to create a sort of Gambas fundation to collect gifts.
>>>

>>Will it be a real non-profit organization or an informal one?
>>

>It will be a non-profit organization. If I want to make profit, I make my
own
>company without disturbing people. :-)
>
>It will be informal at the beginning, because creating a non-profit
>association in France takes three months, needs a president and a
treasurer,
>needs a board of directors, and I don't know how non-French people can
>subscribe to the association.
>
>If the gifts become important, I think I will be obliged to create a formal
>structure, but at the moment, I think simpler is better.
>

>>>Many people help Gambas by providing code, translations, Wiki server,
>>>help, etc... Giving money (a little) could be a way for people without
>>>technical skills to help the project.
>>>

>>Some companies could donate significant amounts if they could deduce
>>that from their taxes; other companies could donate equipament and
>>services.
>>

>In France, I need to create a non-profit association (1901 law) that must
be
>officially recognized by the government. Elsewhere, the gifts cannot be
>deduced from the taxes. And to be recognized, such an association must
exist
>from at least 5 years (I think), and must have an important budget and
number
>of members !

If it is this old 'Loi 1901'.
Everybody, even NON-French and none living in France, can be member, by
getting a member-card.
 ( this was so till 1991 (till this time  I ran one with friends in
Ariége)).

How to get a member-card, depents of the association.

But I'm not shure that a project like gambas will have a chance, to
become  'public interests' whats the base of 'loi 1901'.
But times changes and why shouldn't do that 'public interests'.

After if you have a  association, with a minimum off three
administrative members (it is possible with two) .
For administration, the same statue as for members,   NON-French and
none living in France is possible.

But you must have once a year a administative- meeting and a meeting
with all members of the association (must be inventied and not all there).

At this time, the administrative-election is usual.

But you also can aske for help at http://www.gnuhh.org/ President of the
Free Software Foundation Europe <http://fsfeurope.org>

>>>For example, I could use the gifts to do the following :
>>>
>>>- Buying VMWare.
>>>- Buying an ADSL access, so that I can download the last version of any
>>>distributions. (I have a 56K modem)
>>>- Buying SuSE 8.2, or other distributions I can't download.

Not that I'm still a fan off SuSE, but you can download at :
http://www.suse.de/en/private/download/index.html