[Gambas-user] Re: Survey

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Dec 4 20:02:36 CET 2002

Le Mardi 3 Décembre 2002 15:38, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Benoit !
>
> >Hi Juergen,
> >
> >You must install KDE development packages ! I forgot to raise an error if
> > they are not installed...
>
> The entire KDE Development is installed.
> The include's resides in /opt/kde3/include and
> the lib's resides in /opt/kde3/lib

Thanks. I will add these paths in the configure script. You can specify these
paths elsewhere: type ./configure --help to know how.

> I tried to force the use of qt3.0.5 this way:
> (./configure --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5)
> In usr/lib are 2 links (qt2, qt3) and 3 katalogs (qt2.3.2,
> qt3.0.3, qt3.0.5) The qt3 is a link to qt3.0.5.
> Anyway "./configure" decides to use usr/lib/qt3.0.3.
> I WOULD LIKE TO FORCE GAMBAS TO USE QT3.0.5 . but ???

Maybe the configure script takes the first qt3 library it founds. Try to
rename the qt3 directory before compiling, and rename it back after.

> After "./configure"-message "can't find aclocal1.4" I uninstalled my
> automake 1.5-151 ignoring dependencies and installed the automake  1.4
> IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY ???

It seems that configure waits for the autoconf subsystem that was used to
develop gambas. And I have autoconf-1.4 on my Mandrake-9.0 ! I will try to
find why 1-4 and 1-5 are not interchangeable...

> In the moment I try to get 0.40pre to compile.
>
> Regards Juergen

I send this mail to the mailing-list, as other people may have the same
problem than you.

Benoît Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...