[Gambas-devel] Change to gb.db.odbc to use ODBC Connection Strings.

zxMarce d4t4full at ...176...
Wed Aug 26 03:22:59 CEST 2015

Benoît Minisini wrote
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delayed answer, the new Gambas bugtracker was a bit
> urgent...
>
> For a small change, just send a patch to the dev. mailing-list, or the
> modified file. The driver is just one source file, so I can check & merge
> the change for you.
>
> Otherwise, generally, you must:
> - Use subversion.
> - Create a sourceforge account.
> - Ask me for a write access to the repository.
> - Checkout a local copy of the Gambas source tree.
> - Remove all other installation of Gambas from your system.
> - Do your changes in it, and do all the configuration / compilation /
> installation stuff in it. You are using the "development version" of
> Gambas now.
> - Once everything works, you commit your changes. Everybody else can
> access them, and it will be inserted in the next major release of Gambas.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Benoît,

The changes for ODBC are kinda small, but even so I think I will go with the
whole SVN thingie. That way I won't bother you with further additions or
corrections in case it does not work properly, or trashes the whole
Gambas-DB ecosystem... Call me paranoid, but I don't like to send a
component modification into the wild without testing it. It works in paper
and in C, but I could not yet test it as a proper Gambas component.

Just registered on SF, also as zxMarce. Do not grant me write access yet.
I'll do the mod checking out the current devel SVN branch (3.8.90) and if my
-limited- tests work, I'll ask you for write access.

I'll plan to do my changes on a local copy on a local virtual machine, so I
have both "user" and "devel" environments apart (two 32bit virtual
machines).
One question regarding this: My host is a 64bit Ubuntu 14.04. If I develop
on 32bit, will the module run in the 64bit host? (I presume it will not, but
not sure).

I expect to have the virtuals up in a coupla days time.

Thanks again,
zxMarce.