[Gambas-devel] Change to gb.db.odbc to use ODBC Connection Strings.

zxMarce d4t4full at ...176...
Thu Aug 27 14:54:15 CEST 2015

Benoît,

It's alive! Mbwehehehe...
Well, kind of. It does work as intended, but the connection's *.User*
property must be set to something, even if it is not the real username from
the connection string. Otherwise, if the *.User* property is not set: Bam!
*SegFault*.

This connects OK (using 'Johnny' as user name in the conn string, but not in
the conn.User property):

This explodes with SegFault (also using 'Johnny' as user name in the conn
string):

So, here's where my C drowns. I do not know the "chain of command" (I mean,
what is called by who), and thus I have no way of knowing what code needs
the *.User* property populated.
I saw several debug blocks like this in the code but I don't know how to
properly activate them, or where to look for their output once they're
active:

Care to throw me a 'pointer' to where I should start?
I need to know what happens at low level when Gambas runs Connection.Open; I
mean the whole code and file paths that end in *gb.db.odbc/src/main.c*, so I
can check every step.
Also, knowing this, maybe I can make some progress regarding the *RowCount =
-1* that MSSQL usually returns when running a query that returns a Result.

zxMarce.