[Gambas-devel] Creating a Control

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...176...
Wed Sep 10 15:40:25 CEST 2014

My  two cents,

Be carefull to not trying to automate every things too much... In some
case it reduce the user individual  imagination, and can make them
less creative.

They need to learn many things to know how to program. Note that i'm
not against fun tools too... but learning is not easy ... there is no
easy way to be good... and vb2 was not easy !!

Fabien Bodard

> On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, John Leake wrote:
>> > but instead classic examples, most of the time ]. For a Gambas developer,
>> > the commit logs are the documentation (if you are subscribed to gambas-devel,
>> > you should automatically receive commit logs via gambas-devel-svn when
>> > someone does a commit). I can't say how many questions I answered from
>> > things I learned from the commit logs only.
>> Hi Tobi,
>>
>> Unfortunately (or fortunately) I do not use SVN any more. I do not wish
>> to rock the boat further but have you seen this video from 2009.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8
>>
>> Filter out the personality stuff and personal abuse and watch it to the
>> end.  He does not answer all the questions but he does answer all the
>> important ones.
>>

> Maybe I'll have time for that this evening. But if you want to make a single
> point only, please make it in short written form, as I'm preparing for an
> exam these days ;-)
>
>> Out of interest do you know what the overall conclusion was when Git was
>> last discussed ?
>>

> Yes, I was involved in that discussion. Let me dig the thread out for you:
> [0]. Seems it's time to ask again :-)
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> [0] http://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/mailman/gambas-user/thread/503EBF73.6020003%40users.sourceforge.net/#msg29741178