[Gambas-devel] Creating a Control

John Leake jleake at ...741...
Wed Sep 10 16:47:28 CEST 2014

> Be carefull to not trying to automate every things too much... In some
> case it reduce the user individual  imagination, and can make them
> less creative.
I will.
> They need to learn many things to know how to program. Note that i'm
> not against fun tools too... but learning is not easy ... there is no
> easy way to be good... and vb2 was not easy !!
Vb2 was crap but it was way ahead of the rest at the time. Vb3 solved
some issues but from an architectural point of view it was also crap.
Even vb6 was crap in many areas.  The only reason vb6 was pulled was
because it allowed developers to push the IDE and code productivity
tools further than ever before and to avoid ActiveX licensing revenues.
M$ needed a new vehicle to milk more money from and just look at the
pile of rubbish they have created.

We are very lucky that Gambas is open source.  I will not impose any of
my work on others.  If the community want it they can have it.