[Gambas-devel] gambas wiki db scheme

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...176...
Sat Sep 22 03:54:46 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> Le 20/09/2012 06:25, Sebastian Kulesz a écrit :
>>
>> Same happened with the version. They are both stored inside a cookie,
>> so they persist across sessions (once i get sessions to work, i will
>> make the switch)
>
> You say Session is buggy but you don't give any details. The Session
> code is currently running on 18 different servers with hundred of users,
> so I think it should work.

Yeah, you are right, i must be doing something wrong. I will leave the
workaround for now, i will get that done later.

>> If possible, could you please send me a partial dump of the database?
>> I only need a few articles that cover any possible variant the wiki
>> can handle, it's really hard to test only by reading the code.
>
> I'm trying, but this @*#! of MySQL does not understand its own database
> dump format. If I succeed to get some records, I will give you them.

I already finished moving the header. I will start with the "wiki"
part as soon as i get the dump, i'm currently doing the admin page and
implementing the user management functions, along with the comments
system.

One question though, is there a way to prevent the Render() function
of a webpage from printing the content-type header?
 I want to deffer the rendering as much as possible, ideally, until we
know *exactly* what the user is expecting to view. This way, each
controller is able to customize the call for each view it needs. I'm
currently restricted because when executing the header webpage, for
example, i can't tell the include statement which webpage should be
included next.

Thanks!