[Gambas-devel] Release of Gambas 3.3

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...176...
Thu Sep 6 06:52:15 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know how Gambas 3.3 could be released, and I need a few
> answers! :-)
>
> For Tobias
> ----------
>
> What is the state of gb.ncurses? Can it be marked as "Not finished"
> instead of "Unstable"?
>
> When will you rename gb.adt? And same question about its state: can it
> be marked as "Not finished" instead of "Unstable"?
>
> For information: "Unstable" means "don't use it", while "Not finished"
> means that the public interface can be used, compatibility will be
> ensured, but some important features are still missing.
>
> For Sebastian
> -------------
>
> gb.mime is 90% finished and usable. Did you test it with Pop3Client?
> Will you clean the Pop3Client source code (many Debug instruction are
> still present) and mark it as "Stable"?

I just updated the component. I commented most debug instructions,
only one missing (i will remove it once the following issue is
resolved). Messages now inherit MIMEMessage. It works like a charm,
great work!!

There is only one bug keeping it as unstable. If you test the _next
implementation (For Each) it will crash when trying to read from
Enum.Index. There is a really simple example commented out in
MTest.module. I don't know if it's something i did wrong, or if i'm
doing something i'm not allowed to do (like initialize Enum.Index at
1). Could you please test it?