[Gambas-devel] Release of Gambas 3.3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Sep 6 05:43:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'd like to know how Gambas 3.3 could be released, and I need a few
answers! :-)

For Tobias
----------

What is the state of gb.ncurses? Can it be marked as "Not finished"
instead of "Unstable"?

When will you rename gb.adt? And same question about its state: can it
be marked as "Not finished" instead of "Unstable"?

For information: "Unstable" means "don't use it", while "Not finished"
means that the public interface can be used, compatibility will be
ensured, but some important features are still missing.

For Sebastian
-------------

gb.mime is 90% finished and usable. Did you test it with Pop3Client?
Will you clean the Pop3Client source code (many Debug instruction are
still present) and mark it as "Stable"?

I plan to rewrite SmtpClient entirely in Gambas as you did with
Pop3Client, merge the two, based them on gb.mime.

But not necessarily for Gambas 3.3, because compatibility with the old
SmtpClient must be maintained. I have to find a mechanism to be able to
remove gb.net.smtp without breaking programs using it.

After your mail, I don't think gbmake will be release with that version,
but the next one.

For Fabien

Do you have some needed tasks on gb.report? Or maybe gb.chart?

Personnally, I just want to rewrite gb.option entirely in Gambas because
its creator has disappeared. So we have a little time.

Thanks for your collaboration!

Benoît Minisini