[Gambas-devel] Unused signals to be sent

tobi tobias at ...692...
Sun May 6 21:36:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

I know that at least SIGUSR1 is needed by gbx3 or something to abort the current program. I am
currently implementing an interface to the terminal driver to enable no-delay keyboard input. The
experiences of my research were several manual reset button hits because the keyboard was screwed
up when not properly cleaned up, which I didn't find nice and my computer neither - and of course
I learned all that I need to implement that _correctly_ ;). Now, the cleanup works great whenever:
* the program exits
* an error occurs
* the user hits ESC thrice during one second (emergency exit) (this enabled, however all users to
  screw up the program logic as it immediately exits the mode, the programmer chose for the
  application. But better than hardware reset if the program is misbehaving. I have to think about
  that...)

I additionally, not only for consistency issues, want to be able to switch between virtual consoles
when in this NoDelay mode. In another program I saw that the authors used signals they taught the vt
driver to sent the program when a switch was requested from another vt to the one that program runs
in and in the current vt, they take that under direct control of the program. Not that difficult
but I need signals to be sent. What signal may I use? (The program I mentioned above uses SIGUSR1
and SIGUSR2 (for release and acquire) and I am not able to use these in Gambas, right? So which
one are sure to use?)

(And, Benoît, wasn't there once the approach to register signal handlers using the interpreter API?
I still need that to enable the terminal Resize event)

Regards,
Tobi