[Gambas-devel] Options in the Package generation

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Feb 11 14:17:57 CET 2010

> Hello,
> I did some modifications to my local copy of the gambas 2 code in order
> to allow some more options in the generation of deb packages.
> Specifically I coded the possibility of including arbitrary files inside
> the package, and the generation of more entries to the menu (which can
> point to arbitrary locations and have arguments).
> My code isn't clean but as it didn't take me long and I think it could
> be easly redone and it would be a good inclusion to future gambas versions.
> Regards,
> Toni

Hi, good idea, but:

Development is done in the Gambas 3 branch, not Gambas 2.

In Gambas 3, you can include arbitrary files and arbitrary dependencies. But
no arbitrary menu entries. So how does it work? Can you clean up your code and
include it in the Gambas 3 IDE packager ?

--
Benoît Minisini