[Gambas-devel] signal 11 when rendering graphics using gb.image

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Dec 20 04:18:09 CET 2010

> On 12/18/2010 09:57 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > I need then that you run your project with the valgrind tool:
> >
> > $ cd /yyyy/Sanctimonia
> > $ valgrind --tool=memcheck --num-callers=50 gbx3
> >
> > Send me the output printed by valgrind.
>
> I've been repeatedly running the project with valgrind for the last few
> hours. It ran successfully every time except for one, though the
> valgrind output showed nothing of interest other than what it noted
> during successful runs. I'm not sure if it crashed that one time or if
> some other error occurred. When/if the app crashes, will it disappear
> from the screen, thus letting me know it has crashed?
>
> I've attached my terminal history containing valgrind's output for the
> last few runs, just in case there's something insightful in there. There
> are some errors which appear to be related to some form controls or
> variables not being freed properly.

No information there. I need a valgrind output when the program crashes.

When the program does an illegal memory access, valgrind does not necessarily
stops it as the kernel does. It ignores it, displays the error, and tries to
continue. When it really cannot continue, it stops and dumps a "vgcore" file.

You must find a way to reproduce the crash, and then run valgrind to get the
information on it.

Benoît Minisini