[Gambas-devel] signal 11 when rendering graphics using gb.image

Mon Dec 20 05:11:08 CET 2010

On 12/19/2010 10:18 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> No information there. I need a valgrind output when the program crashes.
>
> When the program does an illegal memory access, valgrind does not necessarily
> stops it as the kernel does. It ignores it, displays the error, and tries to
> continue. When it really cannot continue, it stops and dumps a "vgcore" file.
>
> You must find a way to reproduce the crash, and then run valgrind to get the
> information on it.
I understand; good info. I am beginning to suspect that the crash only
occurs on subsequent runs within a GAMBAS IDE session, but not on the
first run. It happens pretty frequently while developing it, but doesn't
seem to have happened once while using valgrind. I noticed that the
valgrind command doesn't bring up the GAMBAS IDE, but runs the app
directly. Is there a way to get valgrind to just bring up the GAMBAS IDE
so I can continually start and stop the app until it crashes?

Just guessing here, but based on the amount of time that elapses before
it crashes it appears that the crash is related to either a DrawingArea
control or the Image.Draw method. It happened before the DrawAlpha
method, so that is ruled out. I may try setting a breakpoint right
before the graphics are rendered and stepping through the code with F8
to identify the crash point. That would at least narrow it down should
the crash not occur using valgrind.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues