[Gambas-devel] More on copying forms

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 23 18:06:31 CET 2008

On dimanche 23 mars 2008, Robert Rowe wrote:
> I've been looking a little closer at the copy file routine. When
> creating the new file it assigns a new name based on the original name.
> I would think that the user would usually have a new name in mind when
> they want to copy. Right now they would have to follow a copy operation
> with a rename operation. Do you think it could work better if we
> prompted them for the new name? We'd jest have to verify that the new
> name doesn't already exist. In the case of form copying we'd also have
> to verify the proper extension and copy both the form and class file. It
> lookslike there is already a mime type for forms.
>
> Robert Rowe

Acutally this is just a matter of adding one line of code when pasting a file
in the FMain form. This line calls the Rename() function for renaming the
copied file.

I will do that, when I have finished to clean up your splitting view code
(code factorization, try to use two editors instead of four, maybe dynamic
creation of the HSplit or VSplit).