[Gambas-devel] More on copying forms

Robert Rowe robert.c.rowe at ...176...
Sun Mar 23 17:48:55 CET 2008

I've been looking a little closer at the copy file routine. When
creating the new file it assigns a new name based on the original name.
I would think that the user would usually have a new name in mind when
they want to copy. Right now they would have to follow a copy operation
with a rename operation. Do you think it could work better if we
prompted them for the new name? We'd jest have to verify that the new
name doesn't already exist. In the case of form copying we'd also have
to verify the proper extension and copy both the form and class file. It
lookslike there is already a mime type for forms.

Robert Rowe