[Gambas-devel] edtSplit

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 16 14:03:29 CET 2008

On vendredi 14 mars 2008, Robert Rowe wrote:
> This was exactly what I had in mind. It seems that we both thought of
> konqueror. :)
>
> My help integration project is going slower than I thought so I might
> put it on hold and do the split editor this weekend. Richard really
> wants it. I don't really find myself using it much in VB but it's handy
> sometimes.
>
> Robert

I tried your develooment, and I have a few remarks:

- I think crystal standard icons for the "find definition" and "go backward"
buttons would be better. If they do not exist in the gambas stock icon list,
I can add them.

- You should not create the Splitter and the splitted editors systematically.
You should create them dynamically in code the first time the user click on
the split buttons. This will use less memory :-)

- You should define constants for the view mode instead of using 0, 1, 2.

Otherwise, that works, it's cool. Maybe you could backport that to the 2.0
too!