[Gambas-devel] Perfomance differences between gb.gtk and gb.qt components

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 28 21:01:02 CET 2007

On mardi 27 novembre 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> Yes, that program was a mistake, it was a try I did but failed and forgot
> to remove it from the attachment. You can test it with
> http://forjamari.linex.org/projects/controlaulas/ , release rc5. There the
> difference is really, really apreciable between qt and the new gtk, or the
> old and new gtk modifications.
>
> Regards.

Mmmf... Can't really use it on my computer! It would be cool if you can
extract something that makes this behaviour evident so that I can trace and
debug.

Note that watching file descriptors or watching process input/output is done
approximatively the same way in gb.qt and gb.gtk, but that I had to add some
hacks in the gb.gtk timer management routines because of a weird glib API.

So slowness can come from this timer management hacks, or for the specific
glib API used for watching file descriptors.