[Gambas-devel] desktop compatibilities problems using gb.form.xxx

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jul 23 19:00:05 CEST 2007

On lundi 23 juillet 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> Hi, Benoît, there is a problem I've been following since some time ago,
> hoping to find an answer, but I've not been able.
> When compiling the whole gambas source tree,  and compiling gb.form,
> gb.form.dialog, etc. it's compiled using qt (or gtk in the testing svn
> version), then when using that component in the applications, if it's a gtk
> app and gb.form is compiled with qt, or is a qt application and gb.form is
> compiled with gtk, you don't have a chance to solve it, unless you
> recompile gb.form.xx again. And for my own pc, that could be a minor
> problem, but if you want to distribute the application to many users... do
> you have a solution for this problem, or have I some concept error and the
> problem does not exist?
>
> Regards.
> José L.

Actually the components used by a component project are only used when running
it as a project. When used as a component, its dependencies are the one
specified in the component-specific tabs of the project property dialog.

In other words, even if the gb.form project uses gb.qt, the gb.form component
requirement are any GUI component (gb.qt, gb.qte, or gb.gtk).

The project dependencies are written in the .project file, and are managed by
the IDE, not by the interpreter.

The components loaded by a project are just what you see in the component tab
of the project property dialog, and do not depend on the components used by
the component project.

I hope it was clear - it was difficult to explain that clearly in english.