[Gambas-devel] desktop compatibilities problems using gb.form.xxx

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...176...
Mon Jul 23 20:04:53 CEST 2007

2007/7/23, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:

> On lundi 23 juillet 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> > Hi, Benoît, there is a problem I've been following since some time ago,
> > hoping to find an answer, but I've not been able.
> > When compiling the whole gambas source tree,  and compiling gb.form,
> > gb.form.dialog, etc. it's compiled using qt (or gtk in the testing svn
> > version), then when using that component in the applications, if it's a
> gtk
> > app and gb.form is compiled with qt, or is a qt application and gb.formis
> > compiled with gtk, you don't have a chance to solve it, unless you
> > recompile gb.form.xx again. And for my own pc, that could be a minor
> > problem, but if you want to distribute the application to many users...
> do
> > you have a solution for this problem, or have I some concept error and
> the
> > problem does not exist?
> >
> > Regards.
> > José L.
>
> Actually the components used by a component project are only used when
> running
> it as a project. When used as a component, its dependencies are the one
> specified in the component-specific tabs of the project property dialog.
>
> In other words, even if the gb.form project uses gb.qt, the gb.formcomponent
> requirement are any GUI component (gb.qt, gb.qte, or gb.gtk).
>
> The project dependencies are written in the .project file, and are managed
> by
> the IDE, not by the interpreter.
>
> The components loaded by a project are just what you see in the component
> tab
> of the project property dialog, and do not depend on the components used
> by
> the component project.
>
> I hope it was clear - it was difficult to explain that clearly in english.

almost clear ;-), let's see if I have understood it right:

you mean that any of these components, as gb.form don't take into account if
they were compiled with gb.qt or gb.gtk. So even if it has been compiled
with qt, it will load without any problem in a qt-free pc, or viceversa with
gtk. is it right?

In that case, when building the packages for these compoentes, the
dependencies will be gb.qt | gb.gtk , and I don't care how they were
compiled.

If that's the way it works, I only can say one word:
Chapeau!