[Gambas-devel] Events

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...141...
Sat Sep 16 11:49:49 CEST 2006

Le vendredi 15 septembre 2006 19:29, Rob a écrit :
> On Friday 15 September 2006 12:29, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> > I've take a small look to Qt doc, and i guess it can be done
> > with through the static method QApplication::sendEvent(
> > QObject * receiver, QEvent * event ). I don't know if it can
> > work and if it exist with gtk° ....
>
> That might be helpful for driving our own programs (though I
> would question the coding style that resulted in the need to use
> this) but in VB, SendKeys is most often used to drive other
> programs.

If it's a kde app, perhaps dcop can drive it ..... I guess it's the same
purpose for the futur dbus component ? (should work with the next kde and
actual gnome ?)

from here : http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-faq.html
"  How does D-Bus differ from DCOP?
 D-Bus is intentionally pretty similar to DCOP, and can be thought of as
a "DCOP the next generation" suitable for sharing between the various open
source desktop projects.
 D-Bus is a bit more complex than DCOP, though the Qt binding for D-Bus should
not be more complex for programmers. The additional complexity of D-Bus
arises from its separation of object references vs. bus names vs. interfaces
as distinct concepts, and its support for one-to-one connections in addition
to connections over the bus. The libdbus reference implementation has a lot
of API to support multiple bindings and main loops, and performs data
 validation and out-of-memory handling in order to support secure applications
such as the systemwide bus.
 D-Bus is probably somewhat slower than DCOP due to data validation and
more "layers" in the reference implementation. A comparison hasn't been
posted to the list though.
 At this time, KDE has not committed to using D-Bus, but there have been
discussions of KDE bridging D-Bus and DCOP, or even changing DCOP's
implementation to use D-Bus internally (so that GNOME and KDE would end up
using exactly the same bus). See the KDE mailing list archives for some of
these discussions."