[Gambas-devel] New gambas MDI Component.

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jun 28 19:55:46 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 19:31, Ron Onstenk wrote:

> I assumed you used the original code as start but what about this:
> PUBLIC SUB SetResizable(hWin AS Window, bResizable AS Boolean, iGrid AS
> Integer)
>
> END
>
> Benoit belives there are things done if he calls that API method.
> And it is used in Project.ShowFile for the FForm class!
> The value for iGrid is never set anymore to users wish.

I didn't look at gb.form.mda at the moment, but here is a few remarks
anyway :-)

This SetResizable() method may be replaced by something better in the future.
Maybe Fabien and you should not use the IDE to test the gb.form.mda
component, but a fake MDI program.

Once the gb.form.mda code is bug free, it will be easier to have the same
interface between gb.form.mdi and gb.form.mda component.

The problem with the SetResizable() concept is that is does not mean that the
child window *must* be resizable, but that the Workspace should add support
to resize it inside the child window border (look at the vb6 interface).

The difference between gb.form.mda and gb.form.mdi should be that:
- In gb.form.mdi, the windows are always maximized, and you can add a support
for resizing the child window *inside* the window border.
- In gb.form.mda, the windows can be resized, but this is independant from the
fact that some child windows can be resized inside the border.