[Gambas-devel] New gambas MDI Component.

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...176...
Thu Jun 29 10:06:51 CEST 2006

> I didn't look at gb.form.mda at the moment, but here is a few remarks
> anyway :-)
If you have not try it ..; i suggest you to test it !

> This SetResizable() method may be replaced by something better in the future.
> Maybe Fabien and you should not use the IDE to test the gb.form.mda
> component, but a fake MDI program.

yes i'm agree
I'm going to try to make a better API with just a little flag to
spécific windows

> Once the gb.form.mda code is bug free, it will be easier to have the same
> interface between gb.form.mdi and gb.form.mda component.

why keep the both ?
In fac my tryin is to create a component to replace your but with keep
of the mdi old style and you maximized mode

> The problem with the SetResizable() concept is that is does not mean that the
> child window *must* be resizable, but that the Workspace should add support
> to resize it inside the child window border (look at the vb6 interface).

yes i understand that... but i do not like the in child windows concept !
i use it only in maximized mode.

> The difference between gb.form.mda and gb.form.mdi should be that:
> - In gb.form.mdi, the windows are always maximized, and you can add a support
> for resizing the child window *inside* the window border.
> - In gb.form.mda, the windows can be resized, but this is independant from the
> fact that some child windows can be resized inside the border.

not agree to have both component but agree for adding a new property
like ron said ! And mabe for you a WS.AlwayMaximized that lock the mda
in Max mode. What about that ?
In fact I'm going to add an SizeDependent property.

Next i will make an interface between the ChildContainer and the
Windows contained into this. By tis way the child properties can be
the same.

hChild as WS.Child
hChild.Maximized = true
Set the container maximized :)

I think it's possible !

the same for hChild.Border... i need to explore all of that !

Regards,
Fabien Bodard