[Gambas-devel] component API and miscellany

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...141...
Sun Jan 29 14:46:08 CET 2006

Le Dimanche 29 Janvier 2006 14:33, Christopher Brian Jack a écrit :

> On my system in particular there does not seem to be a symmetry between
> SDL supporting overlays and the X environment support of XVidix/XVideo.
> I'm going by my experience with MPlayer but what gets me is that the
> XVideo/XVidix documentation is difficult to find.  I'm wondering where the
> MPlayer folks found it?
>
> My preference is for an independant XVidix/XVideo component since it will
> interoperate with either of the selected Form interfaces (Qt vs. Gtk) and
> that SDL does not provide the ability to use forms if used for anything
> more than sound support.

Perhaps take a look at libxine ?

> On this note I still would like to see a "Hello, World!" component stub
> with instructions to get the Gambas build to compile it and make the
> exported class available.  This simplest component I can think of would
> make a HelloWorld class with a single method hello() (AS String) that
> would return the text "Hello, World!"  I think this would be a useful stub
> for potential component builders to see what is involved.

I guess you can take a look at the pcre or crypt component, and of course if
you want make your component, you can take a look at the make-component
script (in the TEMPLATE dir).

The documentation is of course a good help.

jabber : lordheavy at ...298...
mail : lordheavymREMOVEME at ...176...