[Gambas-devel] for future gambas development

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...124...
Sun Aug 20 13:07:25 CEST 2006

On Sunday 20 August 2006 11:47, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi Benoît. In previous emails we have talked about a future use of
> gambas for web development,

Quanta?

> doing it as easy as it is now to switch from qt to gtk.

The first thing I saw:

  GUI Toolkit
   Despite being a pure JavaScript framework, qooxdoo is quite on par with
   GUI toolkits like Qt, SWT and others when it comes to advanced yet easy
   to implement user

Why drop QT and go GTK?

> I've found this toolkit that could do it possible. It's  lgpl licensed
> and looks really promising:

Start making of gb.qooxddoo component and we do not need gb.qt and gb.gtk anymore.

> http://qooxdoo.org/about
>
> Regards.

I just like gambas for the basic Basic.
We have already apache, php, phpgtk, tcl, quanta, kate and
many others for web development and runtime.

Just again a thing of AJAX hype.
In The netherlands we have a football club, cleaning liquid,
fire extinguishers and a gas cylinder company company with
that name 'Ajax' the whole day around us. :)