[Gambas-devel] problems compiling in Debian

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Aug 11 14:21:04 CEST 2006

On Friday 11 August 2006 13:20, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> El vie, 11-08-2006 a las 13:09 +0200, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> > On Friday 11 August 2006 11:31, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> > > Ok, you're right, using the above options and avoiding DESTDIR the
> > > compilation goes fine and the packages build without any problem.
> > > Now, my problem is a step forward. When launching the ide, I get the
> > > "Fmain.$load.1109: Unknown function call"
> > >
> > > Any idea so far? I've checked the code and, obviously, there is no line
> > > 1109 in Fmain...
> >
> > Because your packages are not correct. Read the
> > README.HOW-TO-PACKAGE-GAMBAS, there are changes inside. In a few words,
> > some components have a C/C++ *and* a Gambas part. gb.qt is one of them,
> > and you obviously make a package for the gb.qt component without the
> > Gambas part of gb.qt.
>
> glup, let my cry for a little bit... I usually read carefully the
> changelog, but that change was made in 1.9.35, and I didn't package that
> version, so I hadn't noticed it.... sorry
>
> > Note that the README file is not definitive. I think gbc2 and gba2 should
> > be put in a gambas-dev package. I send you the modified README file as
> > soon as possible.
>
> Do you think that's worth?  a package with only those two files will
> have a size of about 40 Kb, and it would be strange if somebody compiles
> an application without running it.

Actually it is the contrary that is possible: running applications without
having to compile them.

When you manage a server, you usually want to install only the needed
programs, because the less programs installed, the less possible security
holes.

And in the future, the gambas-dev package may include other utilities.

> Anyway, if you are sure you are going
> to keep that architecture, I will change the pacakges in Debian.
> On the other hand, since the beginning of the 1.9.x branch the packaging
> feature from the ide is most broken. Tell me if you plan to keep or
> remove it. In the first case I would prepare and send you (following the
> conventions you like) the modifications needed to do native debian
> packages from the ide.
>
> Thanks for all.

I don't plan to remove the packaging feature of course. I just need to
redesign it.

Many things have changed since gambas 1.0: the way Gambas is packaged of
course, but the way menu are installed on distributions for example.

And I don't want to enable this feature too early!

You will find the last specification there:
http://gambasdoc.org/help/howto/package