[Gambas-devel] problems compiling in Debian

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...101...
Fri Aug 11 19:11:29 CEST 2006

El vie, 11-08-2006 a las 14:21 +0200, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> On Friday 11 August 2006 13:20, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:

> > > Because your packages are not correct. Read the
> > > README.HOW-TO-PACKAGE-GAMBAS, there are changes inside. In a few words,
> > > some components have a C/C++ *and* a Gambas part. gb.qt is one of them,
> > > and you obviously make a package for the gb.qt component without the
> > > Gambas part of gb.qt.
> >
> > glup, let my cry for a little bit... I usually read carefully the
> > changelog, but that change was made in 1.9.35, and I didn't package that
> > version, so I hadn't noticed it.... sorry
> >
> > > Note that the README file is not definitive. I think gbc2 and gba2 should
> > > be put in a gambas-dev package. I send you the modified README file as
> > > soon as possible.
> >
> > Do you think that's worth?  a package with only those two files will
> > have a size of about 40 Kb, and it would be strange if somebody compiles
> > an application without running it.
>
> Actually it is the contrary that is possible: running applications without
> having to compile them.
>
> When you manage a server, you usually want to install only the needed
> programs, because the less programs installed, the less possible security
> holes.
>
> And in the future, the gambas-dev package may include other utilities.
>
> > Anyway, if you are sure you are going
> > to keep that architecture, I will change the pacakges in Debian.
> > On the other hand, since the beginning of the 1.9.x branch the packaging
> > feature from the ide is most broken. Tell me if you plan to keep or
> > remove it. In the first case I would prepare and send you (following the
> > conventions you like) the modifications needed to do native debian
> > packages from the ide.
> >
> > Thanks for all.
> >

> I don't plan to remove the packaging feature of course. I just need to
> redesign it.
>
> Many things have changed since gambas 1.0: the way Gambas is packaged of
> course, but the way menu are installed on distributions for example.
>
> And I don't want to enable this feature too early!
>
> You will find the last specification there:
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/howto/package
>
> Regards,

The never ending story. Passing some checking tools to the debian
packages I get these warnings:
W: gambas2-gb-compress-bzlib2; The .la
file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.compress.bzlib2.la contains a libdir which is
different to its path.
 The .la file shown above contains a line libdir='<somedir>'. This
 should be set to the directory that the .la file exists in, not where
 the .la file was built.
W: gambas2-gb-compress-zlib; The .la
file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.compress.zlib.la contains a libdir which is
different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-crypt; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.crypt.la contains
a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-db-mysql; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.db.mysql.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-db-odbc; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.db.odbc.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-db-postgresql; The .la
file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.db.postgresql.la contains a libdir which is
different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-db-sqlite2; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.db.sqlite2.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-gtk; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.gtk.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-gtk-pdf; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.pdf.la contains
a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-image; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.image.la contains
a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-ldap; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.ldap.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-net; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.net.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-net-curl; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.net.curl.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-net-smtp; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.net.smtp.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-opengl; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.opengl.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-opengl; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.opengl.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-pcre; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.pcre.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-qt; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-qt-ext; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.ext.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-qt-kde; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.kde.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-qt-kde-html; The .la
file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.kde.html.la contains a libdir which is
different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-sdl; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.sdl.image.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-sdl; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.sdl.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-sdl; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.sdl.sound.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-sdl-opengl; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.sdl.opengl.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-xml; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.xml.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-gb-xml; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.xml.xslt.la contains
a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-runtime; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.compress.la
contains a libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-runtime; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.db.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-runtime; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.debug.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-runtime; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.eval.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-runtime; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.
W: gambas2-runtime; The .la file /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.vb.la contains a
libdir which is different to its path.

Obviously, they are due to the fact of compiling the packages into on
dir, and using them in a different directory. Do you think this could
cause any problem, or I can override it?