[Gambas-devel] problems compiling in Debian

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...101...
Fri Aug 11 13:20:22 CEST 2006

El vie, 11-08-2006 a las 13:09 +0200, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> On Friday 11 August 2006 11:31, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> >
> > Ok, you're right, using the above options and avoiding DESTDIR the
> > compilation goes fine and the packages build without any problem.
> > Now, my problem is a step forward. When launching the ide, I get the
> > "Fmain.$load.1109: Unknown function call"
> >
> > Any idea so far? I've checked the code and, obviously, there is no line
> > 1109 in Fmain...
> >

> Because your packages are not correct. Read the README.HOW-TO-PACKAGE-GAMBAS,
> there are changes inside. In a few words, some components have a C/C++ *and*
> a Gambas part. gb.qt is one of them, and you obviously make a package for the
> gb.qt component without the Gambas part of gb.qt.

glup, let my cry for a little bit... I usually read carefully the
changelog, but that change was made in 1.9.35, and I didn't package that
version, so I hadn't noticed it.... sorry

> Note that the README file is not definitive. I think gbc2 and gba2 should be
> put in a gambas-dev package. I send you the modified README file as soon as
> possible.

Do you think that's worth?  a package with only those two files will
have a size of about 40 Kb, and it would be strange if somebody compiles
an application without running it. Anyway, if you are sure you are going
to keep that architecture, I will change the pacakges in Debian.
On the other hand, since the beginning of the 1.9.x branch the packaging
feature from the ide is most broken. Tell me if you plan to keep or
remove it. In the first case I would prepare and send you (following the
conventions you like) the modifications needed to do native debian
packages from the ide.

Thanks for all.