[Gambas-devel] Re: a bug found.

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 25 05:57:45 CEST 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 21:35, you wrote:
> Le Lundi 24 Avril 2006 21:10, vous avez écrit :
> > On Monday 24 April 2006 11:21, you wrote:
> > > Dear sir Benoit,
> > >
> > >  I am not sure if it is a bug..
> > >
> > >  I use Gambas2 Version 1.9.25 on linux Mandriva 2006
> > >
> > >  I created a project and made some layout on the form. after all has
> > > been set, i am thinking to add a function to play for an audio file.
> > > what i did is i go to Project-> Properties -> Components, and checked
> > > the GB.SDL.SOUND... when i click Ok, the gb.form was detached from the
> > > project. To solve the problem was checking the gb.form again on the
> > > components window.
> > >
> > >  Best Regards,
> > >  Erwin Diansay
> >
> > It seems that Laurent defined gb.sdl as excluding gb.qt and gb.gtk.
> > Theorically, only gb.image and gb.opengl should exclude gb.qt and gb.gtk.
> >
> > What do you think Laurent ?
>
> Yes it's a bug :o
>
> In gb.sdl.component there is an exclude line, this one must be in
> gb.sdl.image and gb.sdl.opengl instead !
>
> Currently i've start a complete rewrite of the sdl component in c++, which
> will give me a cleanup source code, and better features i hope :-)
>
> I don't know if the sdl.sound will be a separate component in the future
> .... gstreamer/... component should be a better choice.
>
> Regards,

I added two keywords in the component files:

"Implement", that is a list of features implemented by a component. Each of
these feature can be implemented by only one component.

At the moment, the features are:
- Form
- EventLoop
- ImageProvider
- OpenGLViewer

"Need", that is a list of features needed by a component.

This way, the IDE can deal with component incompatibility correctly.