[Gambas-devel] Question gb.db.Request

ron ronstk at ...124...
Thu Apr 27 07:18:54 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 23:00, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Friday 21 April 2006 07:04, ron wrote:
> > I try to make program :)

--8<--
> > Is it the same as using a object Request, set the
> > arguments/properties/methods and use it for case where only the field needs
> > to change.
> >
> >   DIM MyRequest AS Request
> >
> >   MyRequest.Select("field1")
> >   MyRequest.From("table")
> >   MyRequest.Where("id=123")
> >   rData = DB(MyRequest.Get())
> >

> > TIA from
> >
> > Ron
> >

> The Request class should not be exported, this is a mistake I done. It should
> be internal to the gb.db.form component.
>
> This class is used for making SQL request. If you find it useful, maybe I
> could add this class to the gb.db.component.
>
> Regards,

I do not dislike it at all and to promote it the
gb.db.component was my idea to.
It gives noobs a basic idiot proof to construct a query
and can prevent misformated sql syntax for them.

It is a pitty I lost my SQL Editor I was working on previous
year, I have only the screenshots, where I did use something
like this one to build and extract SQL lines, with qouting.
I must have that part written with php on old windows box.

Greets,

Ron