[Gambas-devel] Gambas 1.0.11 installation bug

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Tue Sep 13 18:33:14 CEST 2005

On Tue September 13 2005 05:54, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> If you can find a way not doing this, I will take it. But until
> now, I found no way to avoid this symbolic link.

Well, the most obvious way is to put the interpreter into a library
and give /usr/bin/gbx(2) and each Gambas executable a stub that just
passes the arguments to some function in that library.  In the case
of the Gambas executable, you could add a pointer to the p-code that
lies within the executable.

I know it's more complicated than just putting #!... followed by the
p-code (and I have no idea how to actually do it myself) but I really
think it would enable us to do some cooler stuff down the road.

Rob