[Gambas-devel] MySQL driver - update to apply administrator privileges for MySQL 4.

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Nov 5 00:58:42 CET 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 13:53, nigel at ...2... wrote:
> Benoit,
>
> It has come to my attention that an administrator mysql user can no longer
> be created with the driver - I believe this may be since MySQL 4.1. The
> difference files above work for me :-)
>
> Also, in DB_Checkname, is it possible to allow @ as a valid character; %
> would also be useful for mysql purposes. The @ is used to tell mysql that
> the user is allowed to connect from the following host. % - as you would
> suspect is a wildcard which could mean from any host.
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel

Thanks, I applied the patch.

As for allowing more characters, this is only needed when creating a user. So
I have a little more work, but I will do it.

I plan to *remove* from the gb.db component the support for users classes,
because it is not very useful.

I will just let the database manager having one user management module
specific to each database backend. This way, one will able to manage the
rights of the database users more accurately.

What do you think about that?