[Gambas-devel] Debugging gambas-source-code

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 29 10:22:16 CEST 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 21:03, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut Benoit,
>
> actually I succeted to work with Eclipse 3.0 on the gambas-sourccode.
> I made it to an eclipse-project and can build it form there, without any
> change made to the original packet from the shrine.
>
> Today I also succeted to custemize the eclipse - debugger (which use gdb)
> to debug gambas.
>
> But I olny can debug binaries from the project, which are gba, gbc, gbi and
> gbx.
>
> Not knowing gdb well, my question is, is it possible to debug components ?

Yes. How could I debug them otherwise ?

> And if, what have I to do to have access ?

Nothing special on gdb. On Eclipse, I don't know.

> If I set a breakpoint in CTableView.cpp gdb
> say
> 'No source file named CTableView.cpp.
> warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
> GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
> and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.'

gdb should be able to set dynamic breakpoints. If it does not work, just put a
breakpoint in gbx.c at the line where main is called (...HOOK(main)...), and
there put all your needed breakpoints, as all dynamic libraries will be
loaded. Don't forget to always run gbx2 with the '-p' option.

mailto:gambas at ...1...