[Gambas-devel] Debugging gambas-source-code

Brandon Bergren bdragon at ...185...
Mon Mar 28 09:05:00 CEST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Charlie Reinl wrote:

>> any

>> gdb) to

> gbi
>>
>> and

>> components ?
>>>
>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> You need to set your breakpoints AFTER the modules are loaded.
>>>
>>> 1. Disable preloading. (gdb doesn't get along with preloading)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> But I think that gbx -p does that, so I will look if I pass the
>> args in a right way.
>

> The arg was set right and the modules are NOT loaded,
> I can debug it in gbx,
> but when gbx has done his job, the thread says 'runnig' but shows no more
>
> loaded part.
>
> Anything to do, to load that, or ???

It's a step by step list.

Here's a clarified version, using command line gdb:

$ gdb gbx  <- start gdb from the command line
set args -p <- set program arguments to disable preloading
break TRACE_init <- set our initial breakpoint
run <- execute gbx.
(gdb stops at TRACE_init, and you get a gdb prompt.)
>>>!Here's where you can set your breakpoints!<<<
example: "break CTableView.cpp:45" should break on or near line 45 of file
CTableView.cpp.
cont <- continue execution from where we entered the debugger.
(gdb now stops at your breakpoints)