[Gambas-devel] Debugging gambas-source-code

Charlie Reinl na2492 at ...16...
Mon Mar 28 00:07:09 CEST 2005

>>On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Charlie Reinl wrote:
>>
>>> Salut Benoit,
>>>
>>> actually I succeted to work with Eclipse 3.0 on the gambas-sourccode.

>>> I made it to an eclipse-project and can build it form there, without
>any
>>> change made to the original packet from the shrine.
>>>
>>> Today I also succeted to custemize the eclipse - debugger (which use
>gdb) to
>>> debug gambas.
>>>
>>> But I olny can debug binaries from the project, which are gba, gbc,
gbi

>and
>>> gbx.
>>>
>>> Not knowing gdb well, my question is, is it possible to debug
>components ?
>>> And if, what have I to do to have access ?
>>
>>Yes.
>>
>>You need to set your breakpoints AFTER the modules are loaded.
>>
>>1. Disable preloading. (gdb doesn't get along with preloading)
>
>Thanks.
>
>But I think that gbx -p does that, so I will look if I pass the
>args in a right way.

The arg was set right and the modules are NOT loaded,
I can debug it in gbx,
but when gbx has done his job, the thread says 'runnig' but shows no more

loaded part.

Anything to do, to load that, or ???