[Gambas-devel] Debugging gambas-source-code

Charlie Reinl na2492 at ...16...
Mon Mar 28 21:43:34 CEST 2005

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> But I think that gbx -p does that, so I will look if I pass the
>>> args in a right way.
>>

>> The arg was set right and the modules are NOT loaded,
>> I can debug it in gbx,
>> but when gbx has done his job, the thread says 'runnig' but shows no
more

>> loaded part.
>>
>> Anything to do, to load that, or ???
>>
>It's a step by step list.
>
>Here's a clarified version, using command line gdb:
>
>$ gdb gbx  <- start gdb from the command line
>set args -p <- set program arguments to disable preloading
>break TRACE_init <- set our initial breakpoint
>run <- execute gbx.
>(gdb stops at TRACE_init, and you get a gdb prompt.)
>example: "break CTableView.cpp:45" should break on or near line 45 of
file
>CTableView.cpp.
>cont <- continue execution from where we entered the debugger.
>(gdb now stops at your breakpoints)

Salut,

here my output,

bash-2.05b$ cd /opt/gambas/gambas/app/gambas

bash-2.05b$ gdb gbx

GNU gdb 6.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) set args -p

(gdb) break TRACE_init

Breakpoint 1 at 0x805008c: file gbx_trace.c, line 234.

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/gbx -p
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

Breakpoint 1, TRACE_init () at gbx_trace.c:234
234       if (!EXEC_debug)

(gdb) break /opt/gambas/gambas/src/lib/qt/ext/CTableView.cpp:1074
No source file named /opt/gambas/gambas/src/lib/qt/ext/CTableView.cpp.

(gdb) break CTableView.cpp:1074
No source file named CTableView.cpp.

I had a look to qt/ext and I'm saw it was compiled with -g
So it has to be something else, I ignore ?

To you have an easier call, which work on your box. Just for testing ?

Amicalment
Charlie
* Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *