[Gambas-devel] Screenshot from framebuffer?

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...103...
Sat Jan 15 20:52:09 CET 2005

>Well, you could have googled for gtk and directfb, but the short
>answer is, this will allow the development of form-based Gambas
>apps that don't require X to be running at all, which will be
>totally cool for embedded and kiosk type applications.
>
>SDL will also allow the development of Gambas apps that don't
>need X, but it's more of a high performance thing for games and
>multimedia so you don't have forms, you just treat the whole
>screen as a big drawing area.  Gtk/directfb adds normal Gambas
>forms to the mix.
>
>Rob

GTK supports this directFB backend, but It also has support for
"linux-fb" backend, that
does not provide graphics acceleration but should be more stable than
DirectFB, and provide
support for more graphics cards. However, each time I try to compile
gtk+-2.4 or gtk+-2.6 with
the "--with-gdktarget=linux-fb" flag in "configure", I have errors in
the compilation. And there's
nothing about this in the GTK+ lists.

Rob, if you plan to test that in the future, please send me your results...

Regards,

D. Campos