[Gambas-devel] new sdl "demo" : shadow of the beast

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...141...
Sat Feb 19 22:50:41 CET 2005

Le Samedi 19 Février 2005 22:36, Daniel Campos a écrit :
> Hi Laurent:
>
> I don't know if it is possible, but I think you should add an "Id"
> property to
> the SDL window(s). This way, another program could embeed the SDL window
> into a GTK or QT window. The movieplayer does something similar: the
> program passes the
> ID of a widget to mplayer and mplayer uses it to draw the frames. The
> reverse
> process is also possible: you pass the ID of your window, and I could
> embeed it
> for example using GtkSocket class from GTK+.
>
> Regards,
>
> D. Campos

yes perhaps it should be possible but there is some issue with hook loop,
event managing that should be incompatible !

In sdl the is an environment variable : SDL_WINDOWID
<<
For X11 or Win32, contains the ID number of the window to be used by SDL
instead of creating its own window. Either in decimal or in hex (prefixed by
0x).

So if you can launch an sdl app after your prog, sdl can use the passed id to
draw :) I don't know if it can work, ive never tried !

Currently i don't know the way to have the id of the screen created by sdl !

any tips ?

Laurent Carlier