[Gambas-devel] Release of gambas 1.9.5

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Apr 6 11:20:19 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 16:42, Rob wrote:
> On Monday 04 April 2005 04:53, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > The IDE has no real support for component at the moment. Instead of
> > patching the current IDE, I may start a new one from scratch
>
> Sounds painful.  But if you do have to do that, is it time to move
> .form files to an XML-based format?  I know you're just translating
> them to Gambas code prior to compilation, but it should be a 1 to 1
> conversion and might go a short way towards making Gambas
> interoperable with other form designers (e.g. Glade, Qt Designer.)
>
> Rob

Mmm... What for ? XML is just a SYNTAX. Having gambas form files written in
XML does not mean in any way that there will be any interoperability with
other GUI designer based on XML files.

Having form files in XML will force the compiler to use a XML parser. I prefer
that Gambas tools use the less shared libraries as possible.

mailto:gambas at ...1...