[Gambas-devel] Release of gambas 1.9.5

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...103...
Wed Apr 6 11:57:56 CEST 2005

>Mmm... What for ? XML is just a SYNTAX. Having gambas form files written in
>XML does not mean in any way that there will be any interoperability with
>other GUI designer based on XML files.
>
>Having form files in XML will force the compiler to use a XML parser. I prefer
>that Gambas tools use the less shared libraries as possible.

Benoît is right: Gambas form files can be already used with other GUI
designers: just transform it to any XML/GUI format writting a parser to
do that, you have already the code to read it (in the IDE) and you're able
to write it using XmlWriter.

Regards,

D. Campos