[Gambas-devel] libxml-0.0.2

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...103...
Sat Sep 25 14:07:33 CEST 2004

> ???? where :)

here :-))

http://gambas.gnulinex.org/libxml/libxml-0.0.2.tar.bz2

> Daniel, can you also add the parts to add in the configure.in
> and the src/lib/MakeFile.am ? The add/changes I have to make.
> And exactly the place where to put the libxml directory.
> I had problems to get it right.

...mmmmh may be Benoit could help us to write the right configure.in
so it can automatically detect the "includes" and "ldflags" needed?

My Makefile.am just points to the paths that work for my Mandrake
distribution.

> It was not clear to me i had to use the separate files or the
> files in the bz2 archive.
> lib.gb.libxml.component or lib.gb.xml.libxml.component

I will write a little README about compilation and installation in
the next release...

> And after it start the make without errors for the add of
> the component I got the xmlwriter.c error.
> my version was to old. :(
>
> And SuSE does not have it. Installing my self from source?
> Bad luck with previous libxml and curl.
> Unknown options suse is using when they do it.
> And I do not know how to figure it out witch and what.
> So i'm a bit afraid to finalize the libxml-2.6.13 now.
> It is now in /usr/incluse/libxml2/libxml
> Is it safe if I use --prefix=/usr/local with the intention the
> component uses that location?
> Of course I understand I have to tell configure to look there.
> If this is safe I maybe can do it with curl to for gambas and
> does not break the current xml and curl.
> I do not like experimenting in the wild and breaking my suse.

Even if you're using the evil SUSE distro :-))), you'll be able to
install libxml from sources, in /usr/local, to not conflict with the
"old native" version. However I have to modify the configure.in, I'll
try to do it myself, but I think I'll need the help of Benoit...Where
are you???!!! :-)))

Regards,

Daniel Campos