[Gambas-devel] libxml-0.0.2

ron ronstk at ...124...
Sat Sep 25 12:03:36 CEST 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 10:22, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here's the second release of the libxml component:
>
>  http://gambas.gnulinex.org/libxml/libxml-0.0.2.tar.bz2
>

> * Two new classes: XmlDocument and XmlNode for the tree model
> * Cleaning the XmlReader interface.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel Campos

???? where :)

Daniel, can you also add the parts to add in the configure.in
and the src/lib/MakeFile.am ? The add/changes I have to make.
And exactly the place where to put the libxml directory.
I had problems to get it right.
It was not clear to me i had to use the separate files or the
files in the bz2 archive.
lib.gb.libxml.component or lib.gb.xml.libxml.component

And after it start the make without errors for the add of
the component I got the xmlwriter.c error.
my version was to old. :(

And SuSE does not have it. Installing my self from source?
Bad luck with previous libxml and curl.
Unknown options suse is using when they do it.
And I do not know how to figure it out witch and what.
So i'm a bit afraid to finalize the libxml-2.6.13 now.
It is now in /usr/incluse/libxml2/libxml
Is it safe if I use --prefix=/usr/local with the intention the
component uses that location?
Of course I understand I have to tell configure to look there.
If this is safe I maybe can do it with curl to for gambas and
does not break the current xml and curl.
I do not like experimenting in the wild and breaking my suse.

grtz Ron