[Gambas-devel] libxml-0.0.2

ron ronstk at ...124...
Sat Sep 25 18:53:29 CEST 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 14:07, Daniel Campos wrote:

> > ???? where :)
>
> here :-))
>
> http://gambas.gnulinex.org/libxml/libxml-0.0.2.tar.bz2
:( found it after seding the letter

> > Daniel, can you also add the parts to add in the configure.in
> > and the src/lib/MakeFile.am ? The add/changes I have to make.
> > And exactly the place where to put the libxml directory.
> > I had problems to get it right.
>
> ...mmmmh may be Benoit could help us to write the right configure.in
> so it can automatically detect the "includes" and "ldflags" needed?
it is the last line with ($C_LIB -l??? -l??? -l???) I do not know what.
You must have it already.

> My Makefile.am just points to the paths that work for my Mandrake
> distribution.
This was easy as instructed by benoit but somehow I got a error
I had 2 spaces after subdir in ' SUBDIR  = bla @LIBXML_DIR@'
How can comments be add in the .am file?

> > It was not clear to me i had to use the separate files or the
> > files in the bz2 archive.
> > lib.gb.libxml.component or lib.gb.xml.libxml.component
>

> I will write a little README about compilation and installation in
> the next release...
This will always be helpfull

 --8<----

> > I do not like experimenting in the wild and breaking my suse.
SuSE is broken it self :-)))

> Even if you're using the evil SUSE distro :-))), you'll be able to
> install libxml from sources, in /usr/local, to not conflict with the
> "old native" version. However I have to modify the configure.in, I'll
> try to do it myself, but I think I'll need the help of Benoit...Where
> are you???!!! :-)))

OK, I go for xml the /usr/local option and use --with for gambas to point there,
I let know how it is gone.

He is very busy ATM. Less time now.
And he need some rest after the intensive release of 0.99 :)
We survive.

> Regards,
>
> Daniel Campos

grtz Ron