[Gambas-devel] debian packages for gambas

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...101...
Wed Sep 22 18:03:28 CEST 2004

El mié, 22-09-2004 a las 17:18, Benoit Minisini escribió:

> >60 I would like to know if Benoît prefer that I modify the code to build
> > original debian packages, or solve the problems building rpm packages in a
> > Debian box. In the last case I will need help. Right now I don't know why
> > the RPM/tmp/any_gambas_application-buildroot/usr/share/menu directory is
> > not created in Debian. I think this is an important bug that should be
> > solved before the 1.0 release.
>
> So am I!
>
> The debian case is difficult, as we shpould be able:
> 1) to create debian packages from a rpm based system with alien.
> 2) to create debian packages from a debian-based system without alien.
>
> Send me some code to create debian packages from a debian system. I will add a
> test in the IDE to decide using it or using alien, by checking the existence
> of executables.

After creating the directory called debian with the right files (in fact
the only strictly necessaries are changelog, control and rules ) you
just need to execute "fakeroot debian/rules" from the source directory
(it doesn't matter where it is located) if you are a non-root user. The
better way to do a complete debian package is executing
"dpkg-buildpackage" instead, but it is only necessary if you are
preparing oficial debian packages. I think in our case, for most users,
I think fakeroot is the best way. If somebody wants to make an official
debian package with a gambas program doesn't need this tool.

Tell me if you need more data.