[Gambas-devel] A simplest component example

marcio.roger marcio.roger at ...153...
Thu Sep 2 22:02:21 CEST 2004

Greeting for everybody

I'm interested ... no ..., I must, develop a comedilib
(www.comedi.org) component to Gambas. For those who doesn't know
what is comedilib, it's a library used to access measurement devices
interfaces mainly used device for industry automation.
Yes ... I know that this component could be useless for 99% of
users, but for me it's very (and maybe other people) important and
it's the way which I found to insert Linux at the company which I
work.
However I have a lot of doubts about develop Gambas Components even
looking the Wiki. I tried to look the example, located in src/lib/
but it doens't compile.

So, I would ask if anyone has a ridiculous,very,very simple, source
of a component, that works, which I can started. In the Wiki I found
the topic "HowToProgramComponentsWrapping", but it's incomplete (I
know that it's the worst way to develop a component, but I could
help me to start and step by step I could adquire more knowledge
about it and develop better and easy-to-use components).

Thanks and sorry for my English mistakes.

ps: Benoît Minisini, is there a reason for Gambas does not allow to
use a a Boolean array or it's was not implemented yet? It's sees
boolean[] as byte[] ...
Is There something like thread in Gambas (or plans to create it) ? I
would like, in the future (after get more experience), to also
create a QThread component.