[Gambas-devel] New Components

ron ronstk at ...124...
Thu Sep 2 20:57:14 CEST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 20:38, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Thursday 02 September 2004 12:39, ron wrote:
> > Once I made a component to access the alsa mixer from gambas.
>
> Why ? You can use the 'amixer' command ? :-)

It does not the right level controls
The Main volume is on the Surround volume.
Second in a gambas player it is nicer to have it build in.
Or you can make a more professional mixer.
Kmix sucks simple with the layout for input and output channels
It should be play and recording levels.
Now I must use the surround on the output and pcm on the input.
kamix is much better to use.

> > After much trial and error, lurking the net component etc
> > I found points to add it to the build tree.
> >

> Did you read the wiki documentation ?

Maybe not good enough. mainly used the explain in the example
and the way the net component was added

snip

> > Can something like that be made?
>
> I don't think so.

Bad luck for me, I'm crying now :-)

> Think as if you develop a driver for the Linux kernel :-)
>
> But it is not a huge pain to add a macro and a makefile path in configure.in
> each time you want to work with a specific gambas version.
I will try next time.

Stupid me lost the whole made source for gb.mixer
Creating the mixer and a level slider to start with was working
with hard coded ID for the channel.

Only by deleting the old gambas-0.91 directory I forgot to save the added
component and text files how I did the add into gambas.
very sad now :=(

greetz Ron