[Gambas-devel] New Components

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Sep 2 20:38:16 CEST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 12:39, ron wrote:
> Once I made a component to access the alsa mixer from gambas.

Why ? You can use the 'amixer' command ? :-)

> After much trial and error, lurking the net component etc
> I found points to add it to the build tree.

Did you read the wiki documentation ?

The only missing point on it is that you must add a call to GB_COMPONENT()
macro in the configure.in file, and the component makefile in the makefile
list of the AC_OUTPUT() macro.

> When I simple take a copy of the net component and rename 'net' to 'ten'
> and replace also in the files 'net' to 'ten' I have a new component.
> (not working i'm afraid)
>
> Where do I have to add it, in a correct way, in configure and/or make files
> to get it in the compile phase and the libraries are in gambas available.
> Including the Help system when possible.
>
> In fact it should be nice to be able to copy my component from version to
> version. The current configure script, make or whatever iterates the
> src/lib directory and takes the added component as a include like
> --enable-ten is done Removing the 'ten' component acting as --disable-ten.
>
> I'm thinking a kind of include file in the components directory
> that is automatic included during the configure phase.
>
> It will be this way to add components more easy if they are user made
> and not for distribution ready.
>
> Can something like that be made?

I don't think so.

Think as if you develop a driver for the Linux kernel :-)

But it is not a huge pain to add a macro and a makefile path in configure.in
each time you want to work with a specific gambas version.

> greetz Ron

mailto:gambas at ...1...