[Gambas-devel] New Components

ron ronstk at ...124...
Thu Sep 2 12:39:16 CEST 2004

Once I made a component to access the alsa mixer from gambas.

After much trial and error, lurking the net component etc
I found points to add it to the build tree.

When I simple take a copy of the net component and rename 'net' to 'ten'
and replace also in the files 'net' to 'ten' I have a new component.
(not working i'm afraid)

Where do I have to add it, in a correct way, in configure and/or make files
to get it in the compile phase and the libraries are in gambas available.
Including the Help system when possible.

In fact it should be nice to be able to copy my component from version to version.
The current configure script, make or whatever iterates the src/lib directory
and takes the added component as a include like --enable-ten is done
Removing the 'ten' component acting as --disable-ten.

I'm thinking a kind of include file in the components directory
that is automatic included during the configure phase.

It will be this way to add components more easy if they are user made
and not for distribution ready.

Can something like that be made?

greetz Ron