[Gambas-devel] German translation 0.99 RC1

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...124...
Sat Oct 30 18:26:35 CEST 2004

On Saturday 30 October 2004 16:27, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Friday 29 October 2004 06:38, ron wrote:
> >
> > But most importand now is how do I change the language the IDE is
> > working on the fly to see how it is in the translated version.
> > May be stupid question but I use the English version but my girl
> > friend wants the Dutch IDE.
> > 2 Times installing gambas because it is determined during compile time.?
> > But the linux box is English by law.
> > I don't want to mess up, you remember the 'en', 'en_GB' and 'en_US' SuSE
> > have.
> >

> $ cd <path_to_gambas_sources>/app/gambas
> $ LANGUAGE=nl LANG=nl gbx
>
> LANGUAGE is not necessary on systems it is not defined (this is a list of
> preferred languages, and if it is defined, $LANG must exist in this list).
>
> Regards,

If you was a girl you get a big SMACK.

Made my script for start in Dutch with comment

#!/bin/sh
# set language_country in LANG !!!!
LANG=nl_NL # will be system.language
LANGUAGE=nl # must be the same as leading LANG

# expot is need here
export LANG
export LANGUAGE

# most importand
# The language setting is not for the IDE
# it is for gbx !!! (stupid me)
./gambas

Thanks Ron