[Gambas-devel] Activating a Welsh translation on SuSE 8.2

Kevin Donnelly kevin at ...93...
Sun Jan 4 19:38:58 CET 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 3:56 pm, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> First you must give me:
> - The translation code (for example, fr_FR for French in France, fr_CA for
> French in Canada, ...)
> - The name of the language (OK, it's welsh)
> - The name of the country (United Kingdom ?)

cy_GB
Welsh (Cymraeg)
United Kingdom

> Then you will open the gambas IDE project, which is located in the source
> package at $PACKAGE_DIR/gambas-X.YY/app/gambas, $PACKAGE_DIR being the
> directory where you uncompressed the source archive.
> Then you will hit CTRL+T to open the translation dialog, and select the
> language you want to translate the project into... Here, you can follow the
> Translation HowTo page.

OK - I've found this now; thanks.  However, I was just translating the .po
file directly using KBabel, so this additional functionality in Gambas
doesn't really apply here.

> But for the Welsh language, you need to add the language to the collection
> defined in the module Language.module. You can do it in the IDE, and then
> recompile itself. If you don't see what I mean, you must wait the next
> version (0.81)

OK - I did this by adding:
Name["cy"] = ("Welsh (United Kingdom)")
to Language.module, and then chose Project ->Compile all (which didn't seem to
do much).  I then ran:
./reconf
./configure
make
(su) make install

However, I still get the message about internationalisation being disabled in
the configure, and the only language showing is English, even though my
machine is set to cy_GB.  Where are the language files normally installed
after compilation?

Also, I've noticed that after this second compile, a number of new .pot files
(eg FToolBox.pot) have appeared in gambas-0.80/app/gambas/.lang - do these
have to be translated as well???

Thanks

--

Best wishes