[Gambas-devel] Activating a Welsh translation on SuSE 8.2

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 4 16:56:12 CET 2004

On Saturday 03 January 2004 23:42, Kevin Donnelly wrote:
> I've done a Welsh translation of Gambas (0.80), and wanted to test it
> before submission.  So I placed it in the gambas-0.80/app/gambas/.lang dir
> with the other .po and .mo files.  I then compiled the source.  During
> .configure I got a message that internationalisation support would not be
> activated, but make and make install went OK, and I seem to have a
> functioning install, but with no language alternatives - /opt/gambas has no
> translation files that I can see.
>
> Presumably I need to have some library installed - does anyone know what
> this should be?  (I seem to have all the obvious candidates installed.)  If
> not, what do I need to do to get the languages seen?
>
> The Translation Howto page on the wiki also notes that I can open the
> Gambas project in the IDE, but i can find no Gambas project.  Does this
> mean merely that I should open Gambas itself, ie launch it?
>
> I'd be grateful for any help on what is probably a stupid error I've made
> somewhere!

First you must give me:
- The translation code (for example, fr_FR for French in France, fr_CA for
French in Canada, ...)
- The name of the language (OK, it's welsh)
- The name of the country (United Kingdom ?)

Then I will add the language to the internal list of languages of the gambas
IDE (I didn't find a system-wide list of languages).

Then you will open the gambas IDE project, which is located in the source
package at $PACKAGE_DIR/gambas-X.YY/app/gambas, $PACKAGE_DIR being the
directory where you uncompressed the source archive.

Then you will hit CTRL+T to open the translation dialog, and select the
language you want to translate the project into... Here, you can follow the
Translation HowTo page.

But for the Welsh language, you need to add the language to the collection
defined in the module Language.module. You can do it in the IDE, and then
recompile itself. If you don't see what I mean, you must wait the next
version (0.81)

mailto:gambas at ...1...